Saturday, July 26, 2014

Kids Clothes Week Day 6

I was able to finish up the Women's Metro T-Shirt high/low dress for Olivia.  We wrestled with whether or not to put an elastic waist in the dress.  In the end, we decided not to and she has the freedom to use a belt to bring it in, should she want to do that.  This will allow her two different looks in wearing the dress.  She's happy with her dress and I am happy to have another dress made for her this week.


Once again, I used the size M/L, M through the shoulders and L through the width.  I changed up the pattern from the waist line down, making it an A line shape, but then changing the hem line to a high low style.  I am not a big fan of this style hem line, but I am growing to like some dresses made this way.  Olivia is quite pleased with this one.


We are contemplating a couple more shirts to make with this pattern.  One of the ones we want to make is with a cotton knit and lace.  That might have to wait until next week.  Butterfly fabric is next. :) Edit to add, the butterfly shirt is cut and I have started sewing. :)

Until tomorrow......

No comments: