Thursday, July 24, 2014

Kid's Clothes Week Day 4

I was able to get the 1 hour in today, with a bit more, but not much to show for it.  Olivia has a new white with black polka dot t-shirt, made from the same Women's Metro T-Shirt  by Liesl + Co.  Once again I used the size M through the shoulders and L through the width to get a more relaxed fit and I also shortened the shirt, through the waist.  I find that when preparing knit fabrics for hemming, the quick make item takes a bit longer.  I use the stay tape on the sleeves and hem, so the extra time pressing takes longer, but it sure makes a difference in the quality of the finished product.


The fabric is a 95% cotton and 5% spandex.  It's nice and soft and has washed up well so far.

Here is a side view of the length of the shirt....a bit long, but not too long as this girl is growing, fast!


We are trying to decide which item to make next...so many choices....only so much time......

Until next time.......




No comments: