Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Time for some sewing

Even though it's been a long time since I last posted, thankfully, my sewing hasn't stopped! :)  Life has just taken on a new season of busyness and it's wonderful.

I enjoyed going to the Sewing Expo again this past February/March.  Lots of classes and fun.

I decided to take part in KCW (Kids Clothes Week).  It's pretty self explanatory.  For 7 days, one hour each day, you sew clothing for your children.  There are some very ambitious people sewing clothing for their children (kids), I will be the snail of the bunch. :)  I am working on Olivia's Easter Dress, and that will likely take me the whole sewing time.

Here's what I did for the first day:

Traced off the pattern
Made a muslin
Stitched the muslin
Made changes to the tissue pattern
Cut the dress out/marked the darts and pinned them ready for tomorrow.

I am working on a 1950's Walk away dress for Olivia's Easter dress.  I will be showing my progress to keep me accountable for stitching at least one hour each day.  Today was several hours of sewing.  Friday and Saturday will be a bit challenging as I will be at a conference, so I will have to get clever and have my hand stitching ready to take with me.

Olivia decided to join me on working on sewing skills.  She decided to make two dresses for one of her new dolls she received from her aunt and uncle.  Olivia is using her Singer Featherweight machine which she is enjoying.

If you have time, stop by the KCW site and have a look at the work going on over there.

Good night,

Carol






No comments: