Saturday, January 21, 2012

Zippered Secret Pocket for Simplicity 2245

When I made this dress, back in October, for my trip to Spain, I put in that lovely, zippered, 'secret' pocket.  It was a great pocket to have and I am very happy to have it.  However, I have to tell you something funny.  When I left Calgary, for Frankfurt, I had no problem going through security.  When I arrived in Frankfurt and was making my connecting flight to Barcelona, we had to go back through security.  My lovely new zippered pocket, set off the detector and I was offered the lovely, full body pat down.  Ugh! I have the invisible zipper up the back and I had my metal hair clip in my hair, but neither of those set it off, just the little zipper, which is located below outer pocket level and hidden. ;)  I guess it had more metal content to it?!  I have another zipper in another dress I made from this pattern.  Too late to change it to a more nylon style.  I might have to make a new one or two and make sure the zipper I put in has less metal to it. :)

The moral of the story is, make sure your zippers that you add to your garments, for traveling through airport security systems, has little to no metal in them. :) 

Happy Travels and Sewing,

Carol

No comments: